As the first Michael Jordan signature sneaker to release globally, the Air Jordan IV expanded his legacy beyond the scope of the United States. In 1989, further carrying the popularity that the Air Jordan III established, Tinker Hatfield’s second design for the star Chicago Bulls basketball player was produced. Even 30 years after its release, the Air Jordan IV continues to be one of the most celebrated and beloved sneakers to date.
The Air Jordan IV proved to be the perfect sneaker for Michael Jordan’s 4th season in the NBA. Along with incorporating Jordan’s favorite features from its predecessor, including the visible air bubble and mid-cut profile, the sneaker was constructed to be more streamlined and lighter. The sneaker also presented several unique features: webbing on the mid-panel, a more effective lacing system, and the “NIKE AIR” branding on the heel. Using Nike’s famous air technology, the sneaker also proved to be a comfortable ride on-court. Worn during Michael Jordan’s best statistical season and during his monumental game winner in the 1988-1989 playoffs against the Cleveland Cavaliers, nicknamed “the shot”, the Jordan IV solidified itself as yet another timeless sneaker.
Michael Jordan’s fourth signature sneaker released in several original colorways: “White Cement,” “Fire Red ”, “Bred,” and “Military Blue,” Since then, the sneaker has been created in a multitude of color schemes, including being used for coveted collaborations with brands like UNDFTD and artists like Travis Scott. Since its first retro in 1999, the sneaker has continued to be released every year to mass demand. Solidifying the popularity of Jordan’s signature sneakers, the Air Jordan IV will always be known as an iconic sneaker within the sneaker world.
23. Air Jordan 4 Retro SE “Neon” (2020)
22. Drake x OVO x Air Jordan 4 Retro “Raptors” (2019)
21. Air Jordan 4 Retro LS “Tour Yellow” (2006)
20. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Toro Bravo” (2013)
19. Air Jordan 4 Retro PRM Pinnacle “Wheat” (2016)
18. Travis Scott x Air Jordan 4 Retro (2018)
17. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Cavs” (2012)
16. Eminem x Carhartt x Air Jordan 4 Retro (2015)
15. Doernbecher x Air Jordan 4 Retro (2011)
14. Air Jordan 4 “Military Blue” (1989, 2006 & 2012)
13. Air Jordan 4 “Fire Red” (1989, 2006 & 2012)
12. Air Jordan 4 Retro LS “Mist Blue” (2006)
11. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Fear” (2013)
10. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Metallic” Pack
9. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Black Cat” (2006 & 2020)
8. Levi’s x Air Jordan 4 Retro “Denim” Pack (2018)
7. KAWS x Air Jordan 4 Retro (2017)
6. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Cool Grey” (2004 & 2019)
5. Air Jordan 4 Retro “Laser” (2005)
4. Undefeated x Air Jordan 4 Retro LS
3. Air Jordan 4 Retro LS “Lightning & Thunder” Pack (2006)
2. Air Jordan 4 “White Cement” (1989, 1999, 2012 & 2016)
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
Choose A Format
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
The Classic Internet Listicles
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission